Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bearing Fruit

I love watching things grow. I loved having gardens when I could. And I love watching this grape vine mature each year. This year it will bear fruit. Here is a photo of the progress. I was actually out looking for likely leaves to make jewelry. I need to start more silver grape leaves and am impatient to do so. But today is Mother's Day so I resisted the impulse to 'work' and took some photos instead and went back to reading on the patio. We won't have many more cool days before the summer heat, humidity and mosquitoes set in. So I am enjoying this as much as I can.

Watching things you love grow. Directing the young so they mature to productivity. I guess that is what most mothers do. Pruning is sometimes a difficult task but the results are worth it. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

I love watching things grow also. You have a really nice garden this year. I love the grapes. Wonder if you will be able to eat them, and get more. Also, beautiful leaves to use for your jewelry. Yes, nurture them as we do our children and look what you get. Glad you are truly taking the day off for you. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.