Finished this blouse yesterday.
I try really hard to keep saturdays mostly for me.
Sometimes I just nap and read.
Sometimes I sew.
I try to sew as normally I enjoy it and find it relaxing,
plus I often end up with something to wear.
I love this fabric.
Most tropical prints are green based and green is not often a good color for me.
So this fabric was a treat to find but took me a year to make the time to sew it.
Now more than ever I am dreaming/wishing for a new sewing machine.
I need one that makes good button holes!
I want one that does some embroidery!
Mine is over 40 years old and while it has the cams for the decorative stitches,
it is so out of whack that I cannot use them.
Yes, taking it in for adjustments might fix that.
But it has never made good buttonholes.
I decided after this project that a new machine has gone from the realm of want
to the realm of need.
Does anyone have a machine that they love or hate?
Any suggestions?

3 comments:
I absolutely love your blouse. I love the material you used and the print, so Hawaiian. I wear a Medium. lol This will look so nice on you and so Summery. It is hard to find blouses like this for women. Love, love it. Nice job and worth the effort to take the time to finally finish it. Enjoy wearing it. You owe yourself a new sewing machine and I hope you get one soon. My sewing machine lives with my sister, I think, as I gave it to her and gave up sewing years ago. Miss it and want to do it again after seeing the beautiful things you make for yourself. You go girl!!
If we lived closer (LOL - how many times a week do we say this?) we could sit and sew together! I too just fell in love with this fabric.
So true, if we lived closer. We say that so much and would have fun making things together. It is such a beautiful fabric. I look forward to seeing you wearing it.
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.