Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Last one for the season

I ran across this velvet before Christmas in my stash
and decided to make a scarf.

So I found some fringe and beaded edging
but then got busy with the holidays.


I finally had some time to play and embossed the velvet.
That was the easy part.


I have made scarves and pin cushions before with velvet I emboss.
It is challenging sewing but this just would not cooperate.
I finally ended up having to sew it by hand.


The colors in this velvet are different and the camera just wasn't picking them all up.
I selected it because it was brown with pumpkin undertones.
But the embossing brought out a pale blue!
Under certain angles or lighting,
 which I could not capture with the camera,
it looks blue on blue!
In these photos the fringe braid stands out lighter but in fact it matches very well.

Well on to the next project.  



1 comment:

Darlene said...

Wow, it came out great and very different than I pictured, which is a good thing though knowing you, I figured it would be beautiful and it is. I love seeing the embossing. It makes it and so does the fringe. In your first two photos you can tell how it looks the way you have it draped. So nicely done.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.