Confession time. I actually made these before my surgery but saved this for now. And why not? I bought this candy mold months ago and just finally found an afternoon to try it out. Yes it is a candy mold that you put some melted chocolate into. The hearts can be 'painted' with colored candy melts first but I was short on time and it isn't any where near Valentine's Day! But I digress. After putting in the chocolate and tapping the mold to release air bubbles and settle the chocolate you place one sandwich cookie in each mold. I used Oreos and maybe a tad bit too much chocolate but really, can you have too much chocolate?
Into the freezer they go to set up for a few minutes before popping them out on the wax paper. This photo I thought to get showing before and after. These were by the way a hit with the grandkids although both admitted that one was plenty of chocolate at a time! Can you imagine those words coming out of a kid's mouth? Yeah, I know 18 and 19 are big kids but still!
This was fun and an easy treat. I made 2 dozen with one bag of Wilton's Chocolate Melts but as you could tell I was probably a tad bit generous with the chocolate and will probably get more next time.
3 comments:
Yummy. These look great. I love chocolate, and anything that you make in photos that you post. It alwasy looks good. The creative you.
These are so chocolaty that everyone says you can only eat one!
I will settle for one.
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.