Friday, September 16, 2011

Candle Lamps Revisited

Our get together began with Kristy giving Stacy the copies of the Pelican Photos she liked so much.

Then there was lunch, broccoli salad which of course Kristy did not even try since it was after all a vegetable. Stacy and I enjoyed it though and the new recipes I tried were keepers, Cordon Bleu Appetizers from Taste of Home and Rocky Road courtesy of A Creative Dreamer.

We decided to revisit the Candle Lamps so Stacy could make hers and because I found Halloween paper which Kristy and I wanted to try. We missed Nikki today but college takes priority. This is Stacy's first try and she is HOOKED!

Kristy started with a fall design that is very cute.

Her first Halloween one came out like my first apple one - upside down. We both thought it did not look directional but turned out it was.

We got better though. Check out the wiggle eyes on this one. Stacy's spiders also had wiggle eyes if you can see them.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

I love all of the lamps and will pay close attention to what I am tracing to make sure it is right side up. It can happen to anyone. I tried to make mine look as good as it could as it had a lot on my paper. This is a craft that will be around for a long time. Your food looks great, but I cannot eat broccoli and since I was not there it does not matter. I could easily take some chocolate out of your photo. It looks so good. An amazing craft that I have shared with others already.

Carol said...

The Rocky Road was good but you could not chew the nuts. It called for peanuts and I debated substituting almonds as I am not a huge fan of peanut but discovered I had a can of honey roasted peanuts in the pantry and they worked very well. I will eat one for you. You will enjoy it very much! LOL

Darlene said...

Thanks, those looked great. Yeah, no nuts for me. But a great decision for you to use nuts you had.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.