Monday, March 18, 2013

National Quilting Day

I celebrated National Quilting Day not by quilting
but at least I was sewing, or more accurately,
serging.

I have had the pansy fabric waiting to be made into cloth napkins for several months.
The gingerbread was leftover from an apron. 
I like to make my napkins double thickness so I lined two of them with red,
and the other two with blue.

The gold ones are for my daughter and are a single layer.


This is a quick project and a great way to use up scraps
 but more importantly so much fun to use!

I have several quilts I want to work on
and hope to finish up a number of these other projects
so that I can get started on some of those.


4 comments:

Darlene said...

Wow, these are totally awesome, Carol. I love the beautiful patterns and colors. I want to sew. What did you do on the edges, is that the serger that makes them finished off? Wish I was there to learn how to make these.

Carol said...

The hem on the edge is done with the serger. Very fast and neat. Wish you were here as well.

Darlene said...

No wonder you love your serger so much. It sure makes things looked more than just finished off, makes them look rather elegantly finished off.

Carol said...

Yes, having a serger gives a more finished look to hand made items and is much easier than the old ways!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.