Thursday, March 31, 2011

The rest of the... pastry?


I used the rest of that package of puff pastry to try out another new recipe, called Instant Chocolate Pastry. OK, now how could I NOT try that? I mean fast and chocolate. To top it off it looks fancy and tastes great. Yeah, this was a keeper!

It is actually filled with Nutella but I like that and suspect you could let your imagination run wild when it comes to the filling. I know mine was as I waited until it was time to try them. If I hadn't had company I might have pulled the old "Life is short - eat dessert first" rationalization.

There is actually a third recipe in this group but this and the elephant ears were my priority to try. They are so good I guess I will have to give the other one a shot as well.


1 comment:

Darlene said...

These look really good and sweet. What is Nutella? Does it come in different flavors? I love chocolate and as much as I am trying to stay away from it, it keeps entering my life. Wish I was there to try your pastries as I know you bake wonderful things and I would try them all and gain the weight I lost. May be a good thing. I agree different fillings would be great inside, even jam, or a custard/pudding. I guess the sky is the limit. How about white chocolate?

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.