I saw these done in "Better Homes and Gardens" and thought they were so pretty.
So I gathered up some acorn caps and got out my clear spray and spotted this metallic next to it and thought "I wonder..."
So I sprayed some of each and when they were dry gathered up some supplies.
I made a 3" circle pattern and got out some plastic pellets that I use to weight down stuffed things so they sit upright.
I just love that I got to use up small scraps of velvet I had saved. I hand stitched around the edges and after drawing it up and filling and stuffing I just sewed it closed.
Then tucked the caps on top. As you can see I decided I really liked the silver color better with the dark color velvet. It is especially glamorous on the burgundy that has a silver sheen to it.
I hope all of you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment:
Wow, Carol, these came out great. You are so creative. I love them sitting in the glass and the silver that you painted the acorn caps looks great. I was wondering what you were doing collecting acorns. What a fun project and a really pretty decoration or gift.
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.