I neglected to add to the list of supplies that you will need scissors. Applique scissors if you have them but regular sharp ones are fine and a can of clear acrylic spray sealer. I broke this into two parts as I took lots of photos but be sure to read both parts before you begin.
We began by cutting fabric to fit over the back of the plate with a little extra for good measure.
Pour out some Modge Podge into the bowl and add a few drops of glycerin. Stir to mix and then apply with the sponge brush to the back of the plate.
Next you lay the cut fabric over the plate with the right side of the fabric down. If there is a pattern that you need to center be sure to do that as you lay it down.
Working from the center out smooth out any air bubbles.
Now brush on another coat of the Modge Podge mixture.
Here is where it gets messy. Once again smooth out the fabric so there are no wrinkles or air bubbles.
Don't forget to come back and see how these turn out. You're gonna love them!
2 comments:
I have a list of things to buy. I do not have sharp scissors either. Wish I was there as this would be so much easier and I could pitch in for materials as I do not have one thing here on the list that I need.
I wish you were closer too. You can always put this project on a back burner while you work on candle lamps. Maybe an upcoming project will require supplies you do have. We are trying to keep these as low cost as possible but it does help that I have acquired quite a 'stash' over the years.
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.