Remember when WE baked the clay candy corn beads? You may have wondered at that time what those other white round things were.
Here they are before they were baked with the 'tools' I used. Have you guessed yet what they are? I rolled out the clay to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness and cut it with the old film canister. I pressed a cork in the center to form the indentation and a toothpick to form the holes.
Buttons. We made buttons and beads. These buttons have 9 holes. Not that they needed to be secure but so you can stitch any number or letter in them. I used embroidery floss and the letters O and Z.
Because they went on this Dorothy costume for my granddaughter. Yes, she is in college but works with children so needed costumes to wear all this month and Dorothy has always been her favorite. In fact this is the third Dorothy costume I have made for her over the years! But I enjoyed trying out this new clay project for it.


2 comments:
Wow, what a great costume. It came out great and she looks great in it. I love the personal touch of the homemade buttons and O Z on them. You did wonderful.
Since this is the third Dorothy costume it was nice to be able to 'update' this one. Appropriate for an older 'kid'. LOL
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.