Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Decoupage Plates - Part 2 of 2

At this point we found it helpful to go ahead and put your plate on the empty can or jar so you can be sure the edges of the fabric are pressed down.


After washing your hands it is time to trim off the excess fabric. Regular scissors will work but if you happen to have a pair of applique scissors they work really well, just be sure to clean them off immediately afterwards.


One last coat of Modge Podge mixture to be sure all edges are sealed and no air bubbles are present.


Set the plates, on the cans/jars out to dry. Time depends on temperatures and humidity. But be sure they are thoroughly dry.


The dry plates ready to be finished.

Spray the back of the plates with a clear acrylic sealer like Krylon. Several thin coats are always better than one heavy one. Allow to dry completely.

These plates are hand wash only. But they are so much fun. Imagine Birthdays or special occasions... Enjoy! We sure did.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions. I will be shopping in the future for what I need and find something to put the plates I make on to dry. I love the way they came out. What a craft that with the materials that you need, I can make.

Carol said...

I look forward to seeing the ones you make!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.